This hearty salad is very nice in the summer when we do a lot of our cooking and dining outside . I have served this salad with the steak hot off the grill or cold using leftovers and it’s nice both ways. The creamy cilantro dressing compliments the Mexican flavors of this dish perfectly and it comes together so quickly. it’s worth the extra effort. I find the flavor to be much nicer than using store bought salad dressing.
- 4 small tenderloin steaks, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups mixed lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth. Assemble the salad as desired and pour dressing over top. Serve immediately.