This refreshing salad is a real time saver as it can be made in advance and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours before serving. In fact, it enhances the flavor. Simply add the dressing just before serving and finish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- 1 pound cooked prawns, shelled
- 4 cups Boston lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Assemble the dressing and keep chilled until use. If it appears too think you can add a little water. Plate the salad with the lettuce on the bottom, then veggies and prawns. Cover and chill for a minimum of 10 minutes. Add dressing and cilantro and serve.