This colorful and nutritious salad is loaded with citrus fruit and is incredibly juicy. The addition of fennel and walnuts adds a nice crunch to the salad and the cranberry dressing finishes it off nicely. This salad has a nice tart flavor but if you prefer a sweeter mix of citrus, replace the pink grapefruit with different types of oranges. Blood oranges or Tangelos are also excellent in this recipe.
- 4 cups baby greens
- 2 cups pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Fennel fronds for garnish
- Cranberry Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside. Assemble the salad with the greens on the bottom and layer the top with the pink grapefruit and oranges. Sprinkle on the fennel slices and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with fennel fronds.